Obesity is a global epidemic. A lot of people all around the world have bulging bellies and some even have physiques that look horrendous.
I know that being fat is a lifestyle but it is a lifestyle that can kill you if you don’t do something about it.
I am an advocate of healthy living and in today’s article, I will share with you the 5 reasons why you seriously need to consider losing weight.
If you haven’t thought about the consequences of being obese, then I hope this article can shed some light.
Here are the 5 reasons why you seriously need to lose weight:
- Being Overweight can Cause Dementia. Dementia may develop in old people, but did you know that being fat during midlife is an indication that you will surely have Dementia later? Researchers have found out that when you have fatty arms during your 40s that you will likely develop Dementia when you hit age 58 and above. Dementia can be characterized by memory loss and a decrease in cognitive functioning.
- Overweight people are at risk of developing cardiac problems. If you are obese or severely overweight, you run the risk of developing heart problems when you reach your 40s. Also, you also have the likelihood of developing diabetes and you will also have a higher cholesterol level than people who are not overweight. Diabetes can cause serious complications and heart attacks can cause instant death.
- Overweight people are more prone to Depression. Depression is more common than you think and it is even more common in overweight people. There is a good correlation between being overweight and depression. A lot of people do stress eating where they resort to eating food to ease their stresses in life. If you continue this trend, you will surely develop depression sooner or later.
- Higher risk of Kidney Failure. Our kidneys have a big role to play in our overall health. If you are overweight, there is a big chance that you will develop CRF or Chronic Renal Failure. This means that your kidneys will not function properly anymore. If that is so, you will be in serious trouble and worse, you will need to undergo a kidney transplant asap.
- Arthritis. When you’re old, you run the risk of getting Arthritis. That likelihood will be 3x more when you’re overweight. Because you have to carry around more weight than necessary, your joints will be taxed so much in the process.
Back in the day, I was overweight. Now, I am a healthy person with a body weight of 170lb with only 7% body fat.
What compelled me to lose weight and live a healthier life? Health problems that are associated with being obese.
I hope that this article has shed some light to you. If you are overweight and you value your life, please do consider losing weight. I hope that the 5 reasons I mentioned above are enough to compel you to lose weight.